DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What's this in my shower drain stopping tray draining?

Postby Pix » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Haven't lived here long but my walk in shower tray doesn't drain quickly enough, never has. I have to keep putting drain in blocker down every 3-4 months.

Underneath the strainer bit is this.
rsz_2img_20210905_160424832_2.jpg
What is that white plastic thing going across, is it supposed to be there? Is it the cause of it draining slowly and frequent blockages? Completely clueless as you can tell!
Pix
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi pix
The bit you can see is the internal part of the trap - it should pull out but may need freeing by turning back and forth. If your household has members with long hair the trap will get blocked frequently, better to clean it rather than using drain unblocked.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Pix » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:06 pm

Thanks!

No long hair here and never had a problem in any other place. Previous occupiers did have long hair though, male and female. I'll see if I can get it out and give it a good clean.
Pix
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!