What shower do i need to install???????
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cmhfor
Labourer
Labourer

What shower do i need to install???????

by cmhfor » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi, we have a Double feed indirect hot water tank with 100L capacity, at the moment the shower that is installed is broken. It is a Showerforce thermostatic XT1500, with an inbuilt pump. We would like to replace this shower. We have been advised today to replace like for like, however, we have read that a shower with a pump may not be suitable for our tank and cause problems. Can anyone advise us on what type of shower we need for this tank, Eg. electic, power...

Thank you.

stokedan1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: What shower do i need to install???????

by stokedan1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

cmhfor wrote:Hi, we have a Double feed indirect hot water tank with 100L capacity, at the moment the shower that is installed is broken. It is a Showerforce thermostatic XT1500, with an inbuilt pump. We would like to replace this shower. We have been advised today to replace like for like, however, we have read that a shower with a pump may not be suitable for our tank and cause problems. Can anyone advise us on what type of shower we need for this tank, Eg. electic, power...

Thank you.

is your tank vented?or unvented? ( is there a cwsc in ur loft feeding you DHW?if so then its vented ) if unvented then your pumped shower is not suitable as you cannot pump mains pressure. i would suggest thermostaic mixer

if vented then then you got a low pressure system so swap like for like

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:15 am