DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What tool do I need to get the cartridge on this tap?

Postby joejoeB » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi everyone, I have a leaking monoblock dual lever tap and have got as far as turning off the water and removing the lever and outer housing, but I'm at a loss as to how to remove the cartridge from the tap.
All of the how-to videos seem to have cartridges where there's something to get a spanner on to, but this tap seems to have a sunken fitting - do I need some sort of hexagon-shaped tool to fit the hole so I can turn it?
Might be clearer from the pic.

Thanks for any help!
Tap with the lever & housing removed.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:30 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi joejoeb,
Possibly try a box spanner, different manufacturers use different thickness material for the same internal dimension so you may have to shop around.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5514
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics