DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What type of certificate bricklayer to change non standard prefab to standard construction?

Postby Dougray Kiln » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:10 pm

as per question above, I'm buying a brick skin around prefab and would like to certificate its change officially with a certified brickie. Trouble is, how do you locate them? I've googled to no avail.
Also interested in rough pricing.
Thanks for any help.
Dougray Kiln
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi dougray kiln,
You should seek building regulations approval, a bricklayer will not be able to certify this. You should also ask about planning permission because you are increasing the size of your house.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4773
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics