DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What type of sealant can I use to hold loose lead flashing in place and seal the join back

Postby tooly » Wed May 13, 2009 8:25 am

The lead flashing just below the window sill line on a bay bedroom window has come loose, and can easily be removed. The bay below the window has small tiles up to the outer sill and about 3 inches of lead protudes down (loose). What type of sealant could i use to hold in place and seal the join back into the brick work. Thank's Tooly.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby bd3cc » Wed May 13, 2009 9:39 pm

It is normally Held in place by lead wedges, in the mortar joint.
Sealant is Leadseal, belive it or not
Loose over the tiles, is quite normal, it only has to overlap.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics