DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What type of thermostatic radiator valve do I need?

Postby Phatfingers » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:01 am

Please see attached picture.

I'm trying to fit a TRV to my radiator, but I can't figure out what I need to buy. Hopefully I can just put a TRV head onto the existing valve? Or do I need to replace that whole thing?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:30 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Hi phatfingers,
The valve body you have is for a conventional hand wheel head. You will have to replace this if you want to fit thermostatic valves.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5084
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics