DIY Doctor

What Type of Tradesman do I Need for Replacing Floorboards in Bathroom

Postby rflook » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 pm


I recently took the side off my bath to replace it and found some of the floorboards had started to rot. Not all of them, and no single one is completely rotten. However where it has taken hold it seems quite bad. The wood is soft to the touch.

As a temporary fix I was going slap some wood hardening solution on the visible affected parts. But I also fear I might need to have some of the boards replaced completely. The floorboards are sometimes visible, sometimes under floor tiles, sometimes behind wood panelling. What sort of tradesman might I need for this? There are so many to choose from? The most obvious choices seem to be flooring specialists, bathroom specialists or just general 'builders'. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what type of tradesman I might need?

Many thanks in advance for any help
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 pm


Simply Build It

Postby butterfly_aby » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 pm

You need good tiler or builder. Both can do the job.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics