DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What Wall Plugs to Fix 32 Inch TV to a Wall?

Postby jimmie1978 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:57 pm

First of all let me start by saying that I am absolutely shocking at DIY. Nearly everything that I attempt goes wrong so I need a little more help than the average Jo.

I'm decorating the boys bedroom and need to fix their 32 inch TV to the wall. I've got the bracket but am not sure on what type of plugs to use. The wall in question is an inner wall that's roughly 4 inches thick. It feels like its brick that I'm drilling through, and if it is, it's a very thin one as when I eventually manage to get through it, I find a hollow space... normally when I'm pushing in to the drill and not only the whole drill bit goes through, part of the drill then makes a bigger hole in the plaster. Are the anchoring wall plugs the proper ones to use or is there another plug that I should be looking to fix instead?

Also, while we are on the subject of drilling, why when I start drilling through does my drill bit start sliding against the brick behind the plaster which in turn creates a line rather then a circular hole in the plaster. And why is it that I mark the holes I want to make with a pencil, measure and measure again to make sure that everything is straight, but when the jobs complete, the finished product in more pissed than Paul Gascoigne? Yes laugh, I'm crap, not a manly man when it comes to decorating and it's really frustrating me.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics