DIY Doctor

when to get a plumber in

Postby jond » Mon May 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Hello doctor just need some advice on when is the best time to get a plumber in to connect my gas hob as the pipe which needs to be run has got to come from my old boiler cupboad through a stud wall and then run along the wall for about a metre i am doing the kitchen myself and dont know wether to put the carcuses in first then get him in or get him in before that and just woundered how its connected up is it a copper pipe all the way to the hob or can it be a copper pipe of a metre then a flexible hose your advise would be appricated as i have to book a plumber up cheers
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 am


DIY asbestos test kits

Postby thedoctor » Wed May 23, 2007 7:11 am

The easier the job is for the plumber the less it will cost. Get him in before you build any walls to "first fix" which means running all the pipework to the correct place and get him to include in his price a couple of hours for coming back to connect up when you have done the rest and the appliances etc are in place,.
Posts: 2528
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics