Where can I Find a Non-Standard Size Mixer Tap?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mamcgr
Labourer
Labourer

Where can I Find a Non-Standard Size Mixer Tap?

by mamcgr » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 pm

My DIY man took down an old integrated shower construction thing from the wall to replace it with a simple shower mixer tap. Unfortunately the space between the holes in the wall for the hot and cold water is now too narrow for the new fitting.See the botched job which I have been looking at for over a year.

Is there anywhere that I can get chrome fittings to replace the horrid brass tubes protruding in the attached photo? (I saw such fittings in an Aussie video).

Or can anyone tell me if there is anywhere that I can buy a non-standard size mixer - the holes in the wall are about 10 cm apart. I really dont want to start hammering at the tiles.

KitchenGuy
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Where can I Find a Non-Standard Size Mixer Tap?

by KitchenGuy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:27 pm

I can't see the photo but I think I know what you mean. The standard size between pipes for fitting a shower is 150mm . As you are at 100mm already you will need to extend then 25mm either side. You may just get away with using an offset fitting like this to extend the width. The connectors are covered over by the chrome bezels. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg If you need even more movement you can even buy a bar shower with adjustable external connectors if you look hard enough, therebye giving you twice as much adjustment to play with.

If you mean something else, try uploading a photo again so I can take a look.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:03 pm