Where to buy replacement roof tiles
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ukbondraider
Labourer
Labourer

Where to buy replacement roof tiles

by ukbondraider » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Due to the stormy winds on Monday, I have awoken to find that two of the tiles on my garage roof have fallen off and smashed onto the floor.

The question I have is where do I go and buy two tiles to replace them. I am guessing different tiles have different inter-locking groves in addition to being different shapes and sizes.

Will simply taking down one good tile and bringing it to a builders merchant be the best idea. Will these places sell me only a handful of tiles or will I have to come back with a car full?

Secondly, as the garage isn't that high compared to the roof of the house, I am thinking of replacing the tiles myself assuming I can source them. Is it as easy as just lodging them in and ensuring the sides of the tile have slid into their locking grooves and are flat with the rest of the tiles on the same line.

I have noticed that they have a pin in one of the holes. Do I need to fit a similar pin and if so where do I buy and how do I know which ones are the correct ones.

I am surprised that there is a lack of info for my question on the internet and am hoping someone on here can help.

All info on the net only seems to talk about replacing complete roofs and not the odd tile that have come off.

Thanks in advanced

saj
Labourer
Labourer

tiles

by saj » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:40 pm

you can go to a builders merchants and buy as many as you like. if you can take one with you they will order you how many you want how to fit . they are easy to fit if you push the two tiles above the broken one then place the new one in you dont have to nail it cos with tiles the weight holds them down.the best way to get the tiles back down so they are level is to put a trowel up the bottom of the tile and lift then slide the other tiles down.hope this helps.

Pogemonster
Labourer
Labourer

Finding roof tiles

by Pogemonster » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:12 am

I have been in the pitched roofing supply and manufacture industry in one form or another for the last 30+ years.
I manufacture decorative ridges, finials and also vent tiles. I also identify and help clients find, the unusual or defunct.
If you can send me a pic or drawing I'll do my best for you.

good luck

pogemonster

Remco V
Labourer
Labourer

roof tiles

by Remco V » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Just google reclaimed roof tiles, there are a lot of good companies which could help out.

Belly
Labourer
Labourer

by Belly » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 am

Thanks for taking to help....

windowsill
Apprentice
Apprentice

by windowsill » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:13 am

I'm not sure but wouldn't just buying 2 tiles be a lot more expensive than ordering a few more? After all it can happen again that just a few tiles come off and by having a few more "in stock" would make sense, right?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 am