Where to Purchase Rewireable 100mm Fuse Holder
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kwajc
Labourer
Labourer

Where to Purchase Rewireable 100mm Fuse Holder

by kwajc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:48 am

My flat electricity was disconnected by EDF last year because it was vacant for couple of months. During the disconnection, the fuse holder (rewireable 100mm fuse holder) was removed and lost. EDF claimed that it's not their responsibility and the building manager said they did take it. As the building is quite old and the fuse holder is hard to find, now i'm stuck in this situation for months. An ICERT has been done to ensure it's safe to reconnect. But without the fuse holder, the EDF said they couldn't do anything. Does anyone know where to get an old fuse holder shown in the picture? What should I do now?
Attachments
fuse.JPG

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Where to Purchase Rewireable 100mm Fuse Holder

by ericmark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:20 am

Not permitted for domestic. To use re-wire-able fuses there must be a skilled or instructed person in charge so in real terms commercial only.

The DNO, that's the people who put in the supply not the people you pay for the supply, will supply a head which is the meter and the fuse, likely you need to supply a cupboard or a board for it all to be mounted on. And you will also likely need to supply tails.

It is not the same everywhere some times the DNO supply an isolator some times they don't. Going to an isolator before the consumer unit is always good as you can then switch off the supply to work on the consumer unit.

The rules changed in Jan 2016 so it is unlikely your existing set up complies. I have sat there waiting for the DNO to arrive many times, as often they will not connect up without an electrician being on site. The fuse and fuse carrier will need to be of a modern type and with the provision for the DNO to fit their seals so really no point in getting the old carrier.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:05 am