Where walls meet the ceiling
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shedman20
Labourer
Labourer

Where walls meet the ceiling

by shedman20 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:11 pm

I always find it hard to get a good finish where the ceiling and walls meet. I have papered the ceiling and emulsioned it and then hung lining paper on the walls which I am going to paint too. How do I get a good neat junction between the two? Is it just a case of a good thin brush and a steady hand?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am

shedman20,
Apply a thin layer of flexible decorators filler along the join, wipe clean with a damp cloth - this will disguise the edge of the paper. Use a good quality 25mm brush to cut in the join (yes steady hand needed) a larger brush will hold more emulsion and you will be able to work along a longer length.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am