Which boiler :?:
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
third_addy
Labourer
Labourer

Which boiler :?:

by third_addy » Sat May 05, 2007 11:45 am

At the moment I have a Modena Ferroli 102 whcih has served me well for the past 7 years, I have 1 triton t90 power shower running off it 1 galaxy (something) shower and many radiators. Recently the boiler kept on turning on and off so i called in an expert and after he fixed one problem, aother one arose and so on until he gave up and said if i do fit another part whcih wll cost about 200 pounds then another problem may arise, he therfore suggested replacing the boiler.

Therefore I was wondering which boiler is the best i.e. most reliable

[b]Please help [/b]the house is freezing and my kids are prone to getting colds.......

Thanks

Reynoldspc
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Reynoldspc » Sun May 06, 2007 12:17 am

You wil have to replace it with a high effocoency condensing boiler, Wocester are good, and so are the new Potterton ones. Get 3 estimates and see who is the best. Post what boilers they are going to fit and get advice on the one to pick. (British Gas are currently fitting Worcesters with a BG badge on them)

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed May 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Will have to be replaced by a Condensing boiler, Worcester Bosch are expensive for parts and repairs, I'd recommend baxi or potterton, parts not too badly priced and very easy to work on (so cheap labour costs)

db188
Labourer
Labourer

by db188 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Go with the Worcester.A rated and if you do have a problem then its same day next day call out for their enginners under warranty.try asking that off baxi ?.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri May 25, 2007 4:06 pm

Worcester might be good during the warranty period, but thats only for two years, then rip you off for spares after the warranty period. Baxi are reasonably priced for parts, and are easy to work on.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1