Which boiler?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carriekingston
Labourer
Labourer

Which boiler?

by carriekingston » Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 am

My boiler, a Vokera combi, has finally stopped working after 14 years. The hot water will only come in if the heating is switched on first and British Gas have not fixed it. It always works when they are there and stops working again after it has been cold a couple of hours. So I want to get a new boiler. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been recommended a Vaillant 824 Eco. I have a small one bedroomed flat on the second floor with a flue that goes up through the ceiling, presumably to the loft and then out. I run a shower straight from the boiler. I would appreciate any suggestions. I have heard that the new compulsory condensing boilers go wrong alot, the British Gas engineers who frequent my house, always tell me this! But I realise I have to have one.
Thank you
Carrie

jimbob100_99
Labourer
Labourer

by jimbob100_99 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi i would buy a Valiant Combi as you have already been advised.
You will only need a 24KW boiler as this will be ample size for your property and will run a shower no probs at all.
I have seen 100`s of these boilers installed they are A1!!! Best on the market by far!!!!

dave p
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dave p » Thu May 10, 2007 3:13 pm

i fit the eco tecs also. but if they are a bit too pricey for you fit a main 24 he. very reliable much cheeper. its basically a potterton performa 24 (exactly the same) but less expensive

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:57 pm