Which Passive Vent for condensation?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Twister99
Labourer
Labourer

Which Passive Vent for condensation?

by Twister99 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi guys

I have a condensation problem and understand that fitting a passive humidity vent would go some way to alleviating this problem.

The difficulty is that I have been recommended three specific units at similar prices but had no idea which is the best.

Sorry we have had to delete your links. We get so many companies tring to post advertising links to their own websites for free that we have to ban pretty much all external links. Go to our DIY Projects pages and look at the condensation project. There is a company in there whoi will give you free, no obligation advice over the phone or by email.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Twister99,
All the products you suggested look like glorified holes in a wall, The first one looks the most hopeful in that it does not have moving parts. However, I don't think you should be under any illusions that if you have two holes on either side of your home and the wind is blowing against one side you will get draughts - cold ones at this time of year.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm