Which PSU?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonsezhi
Labourer
Labourer

Which PSU?

by jonsezhi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am

Hopefully this will be an easy question for someone. I am an absolute novice when it comes to electronics. The problem is I have mixed up two power supply units - one recharges the battery on my cordless hedge trimmer, the other recharges my car jump start system (one of those gadgets that has jump start, air compressor, light etc). The 2 psu's are identical apart from one being bulkier than the other and one is rated 400mA whilst the other is 500mA - both are same voltage (15V I think from memory) both positive inner. The rechargeable battery for the hedge trimmer says its 12v 1.7Ah and charge for 5hr. Which psu belongs to which gadget, or will it not matter if I get them the wrong way round?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Likely both lead acid batteries and it will not matter. However I did look for cheap hedge trimmer and came up with G-Tech, and on web site it lists spares, and the charger has label visible marked at 500ma. May be you could do same with your models and find which is which? Both battery booster and trimmer may have spares listed.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:47 am