Which shower to buy?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
richhe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which shower to buy?

by richhe » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 pm

I have a problem. I have a NewTeam NT968 Thermostatic Valve, which requires 13.5 cm inbetween the cold and hot water inlets. Went looking for a replacement shower today (as my old one has packed in- can only get cold water), but all the ones I found have about 15.5cm inbetween inlets (was looking mainly at Triton's). Access to the pipes behind the shower wall is tricky. Can anyone advise on which mixer showers I would be able to buy to fit my current pipes?

Cheers

Rich

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:41 pm

You are going to be very lucky to find another make of shower with anything other than either the old 6" centres or the new 150mm.

I suggest you visit the New Team site to see if they offer a replacement.

Certainly manufacturers such as Triton and Mira and other leading brands only have, to the best of my knowledge, the 150mm centres.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 am

It sounds as though the cartridge has either failed or its gummed up with scale.

Rather than replacing the whole thing it would seem a better idea to remove the cartirdge and clean it. If it still doesn't work properly then replace the cartridge. Save a lot of hassle.

Also whilst you have the cartridge out check that the filters are not blocked.

HTH

Cheers

Deborah
Labourer
Labourer

by Deborah » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi There I found a thermostatic valve by Googling " mytub.co.uk" at a good price.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 pm