DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Which Thermostatic Radiator Valve for 10mm Central Heating

Postby ID902340923 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:08 pm

I'm trying to replace the thermostatic radiator valves as they are old and have mostly stopped turning.
The central heating pipes are 10mm and come of the wall but bend vertical so I need an angled valve.
What's confusing is on the front is written 15 and then an arrow to the right and down.
A few are advertised as 10mm but most are 15mm.
Which version should I buy and is it possible that there is already a reducer fitted to the central heating pipe to enable it to fit a 15mm valve?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi id902340923,
The arrows indicate that the valve is 2-way flow so it does not matter which end of the radiator it is fitted. Many new valves come with adaptor rings to reduce the 15mm trappings down to 10mm.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4937
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics