whirlpool wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
yocity
Labourer
Labourer

whirlpool wiring

by yocity » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:46 pm

I am about to put a whirlpool bath in. I am good with plumbing but electrics scare me! If I get someone in to wire it with a RCD is it a big job(by big I mean expensive).

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:36 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

allectrics
Labourer
Labourer

by allectrics » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Ho Yocity I am sure you have already had a answer to this - the bathroom is a specified special location and under part p you have a obligation as a plumber to endsure that the electrics are installed to current wiring regulations and notified to building control - and RCD is not part of the standard yet (soon will be) however the manufacturing installation specs will state RCD control (therefore if someone dies in your bath your in the dock not them) in addition a minimum of IP65 on all stuff under the bath would be good - hope this helps my advice go with your first instincts water and electrics dont go good together - as for costs if its simple (RCD available easy install able to isolate £200 flip side £400/500)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 pm