why is my new Gas fire noisy
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zebb
Tradesman
Tradesman

why is my new Gas fire noisy

by zebb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi folks , my old gas fire stopped working and I couldn't get spares for it so i bought a new one , had it installed today but i'm not impressed, it seems noisy compared to my old fire, my old fire seemed to be very quiet and better made of cast iron with a bed of vermiculite beneath the coals , the new fire is not as well made and has no vermiculite , could this be the reason that it seems to be noisy , its not been in a day and i want to replace it already , any info would be appreciated thanks zebb.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 pm

If the fire has been properly gas rated during installation in accordance with manufacturers instruction, then its hard to imagine where this noise is coming from. There will be a technical help number some where in the manual that came with the fire. Give them a call and describe the noise to see if they can offer any guidance.

zebb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by zebb » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:46 am

I phoned the technical helpline and was told the new gas fire has an injecter making the new fire more efficient ,however the old fire was quiet and more realistic with its flames , the old fire had a bed of vermiculite with the coals on top , the new fire just has a bit of rope stuff and the sound is like a gas torch in the living room , maybe its just me but I find it annoying , I like things to just wright the way the old fire was.

zebb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by zebb » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi folks , found exactly what I was looking for and this eplains why the new fire is noisy and the old fire was not , google "freepatentsonline.com/EP0440475.html"

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 am