Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Louisaraj123
Labourer
Labourer

Wickes Bathroom Suite Toilet Seat Moves Side Ways

by Louisaraj123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Hello Everyone !

I hope you are all keeping safe and well during these difficult times ! I bought a standard Wickes bathroom suite about 10 years and I lost one cover of the toilet seat screws. My toilet seat moves sideways which is annoying and isn't quite placed centrally on the toilet. The whole connecting part of the seat to the toilet moves side ways. The rest of the seat is fine.

Today I tried to tighten the plastic screws from the toilet seat to the toilet but I think I've made the seat more loose. I do not think the toilet seat screws have any washers to tighten them which I think could be the problem. Could I also buy a missing screw cover for the toilet seat also ? Would it be best to replace the screws in the toilet seat ? I've seen repair kits for fittings for toilet seats on sale on amazon.

I would very much appreciate some advice as the seat is decent and I think it's a job I could complete in the lockdown.

I've attached photos and thank you everyone.
Louisa
Attachments
Toilet seat pic 3.jpg
20201125_200806.jpg
Toilet seat pic 1.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wickes Bathroom Suite Toilet Seat Moves Side Ways

by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi louiseraj123
If you can get at the wing nuts under the pan flange you are best tightening the bolts here.
If the pan is enclosed underneath try turning the screws clockwise until they tighten.
Your chances of buying a new cap are very slim - find a white bottle cap and trim it using nail scissors until it is the right size.
Regards S

Louisaraj123
Labourer
Labourer

Wickes Bathroom Suite Toilet Seat Moves Side Ways

by Louisaraj123 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks so much for replying !!

I put my hand underneath the toilet seat screws and I don't think there are any wing nuts underneath ! I think that is the reason the toilet seat moves sideways . I was thinking about buying some washers to add to tighten it. Would a kit like this be ok ??

https://www.therange.co.uk/diy/hardware ... od/#467343

Thanks for the tip about a bottle top and trimming it . That's a brilliant idea !

Regards
Louisa

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wickes Bathroom Suite Toilet Seat Moves Side Ways

by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi louisaraj123
No that is useless.
Undo one of the screws and see if they go into a fixing inside the toilet pan.. if they do you need to buy top fix blind hole fixing bolts but make sure you buy the right diameter.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:44 am