Wii as a pc
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
russellfl
Ganger
Ganger

Wii as a pc

by russellfl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Hi,

can anyone tell me if it's possible to use a WII like a normal PC? I know you can get a wireless keyboard to access the net but i can't find anything about using a mouse. The reason I want to use it like this is because I can't get to our PC because of people playing games on it. Any help will be great

Cheers

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 am

I'm afraid I don't know about using the wii as a PC, I guess they reckon the wiimote replaces the need for a mouse. If the gamers are all blocking the PC I could swap the Wii for an old internet enabled PC. Or of course you could sell it on ebay and buy another PC. :P

poddys
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Wii as a pc

by poddys » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:41 pm

I haven't used a wireless keyboard on the Wii, but I have tried visiting some web sites using the controllers to type the url etc.

I can only say that it's HORRIBLE! The ultra low resolution of the Wii means that you see very little on the screen, and because of the way that the browser is configured, a lot of the functionality is disabled on sites.

You would probably be better off using a "decent" phone to access the internet, and many these days allow you to switch and use your home broadband connection, so accessing the internet at home on your phone is free. I am not an expert in that area, but have friends who do it all the time.

Alternatively, get a second computer! A laptop is nice and portable, but if cost is important, shop eBay for a used computer. If you select one with a minimum of 2gb ram you should find something half decent.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 am