Hi I've recently bought a Victorian cast iron fireplace. It was already painted in a white gloss. I've painted over it in a water base paint to suit my room then covered that with 2 coats of heat resistant clear varnish. I intend to use it as a fireplace. Burning wood. Am I mental? Will I die from fumes? Kind regards Tommy
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!