Wilo Gold SR50 Pump Very Noisy
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
keratos

Wilo Gold SR50 Pump Very Noisy

Post by keratos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Anyone please advise what the dB noise output of the Wilo Gold SR50 is? Cant find a datasheet online. The pump is keeping my daughter awake with its low frequency hum. Might get a quieter pump. I reckon this one is putting out around 60dB.

Yes, the pipework is secured, pump fitted correctly, system working other than a seemingly noisy pump - I mean theyre not the best are they.

Behappy1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Wilo Gold SR50 Pump Very Noisy

Post by Behappy1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Sometimes, if the circulating pump is set too fast for your home’s setup (presure at boiler and width of pipes), it will cause vibrations within the system that sound like a loud humming noise. Try reduce speed, I had to change to smaller pump. Usually healty boiler has 12-15psi and check size of pipes, so U will be able to check what pressure will give pump.

keratos

Re: Wilo Gold SR50 Pump Very Noisy

Post by keratos » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:27 pm

thanks for the reply.

I have diagnosed the issue. The pump and pipes are firmly attached and mounted, but to the large enclosing wood cupboard. The wood and hollow space is acting as an amplifier. i removed the mountings and the noise almost dissappeared. Much better, but i need to remount and find some fixings that will apsorb the sound.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1