Wireless Alarm issue .
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andy178
Labourer
Labourer

Wireless Alarm issue .

by andy178 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi all new here so be gentle.

I just wanted to know is there a completely wireless bellbox (solar)that will work with the esp infinite prime system as the sounder that comes with it requires mains power and there is no 240v where sounder is to be mounted (out building), system has all been installed on the understanding that it was a WIRELESS system so can not be returned. I have seen a lynteck solar box that claims to work with all wired and wireless alarms but can never get their tech guys.

Thanks in advance.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wireless Alarm issue .

by ericmark » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

Looked on tlc-direct site and I will admit the word wireless is a little confusing. They do however have the PDF instructions for download. It would seem wireless is another word for radio and years ago we did call our radio a wireless. It still needs power but uses a wireless system to send signals to the control panel. It needs a 13.8 volt supply which is the float voltage required to keep a lead acid battery charged.

One could use other methods to supply this voltage other than mains power. With most alarms the alarm is sounded when the system is tampered with which includes power loss it does not make it plain as to if the sounder will sound if power is lost or not but it would seem reading what it says the sounder will not sound with power loss. So one should be able to use a solar panel or wind charger to power the unit.

Likely you could simply use an external lead acid battery to kid the system power is still there anyway but I would think it is unlikely that with a simple coax power plug and walmart transformer the system will alarm with power failure and since you already have it I would consider trying a solar panel to keep the system charged.

The sounder will likely have a small battery in it as well so should the 0.8AH battery not last the night then the sounder would go off. If the speck is correct should last 32 hours without power but I would also use a second 3AH external battery to ensure snow would not set off the alarm.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 am