Wireless / RF Control Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

PetyrBaelish
Labourer
Labourer

Wireless / RF Control Light Switch

by PetyrBaelish » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:45 pm

As you'll gather reading on I have no experience of doing electrical work (and will get help when I do the work). I want to add an additional switch in my kitchen and have heard I might be able to do this without additional wiring (by using RF/wireless units).

I have spotlights in my kitchen ceiling that are controlled in 2 halves.

1 half is controlled by one switch on the far side of the room.

The other half is controlled by one switch on the near side of the room and one switch on the far side of the room.

What I want is both halves to be controlled from switches on both sides of the room - so I need to add an additional switch on the near side of the room.

Another complication, is that the 2 switches I've mentioned on the far side of the room are part of a panel containing 6 switches.

What I'm hoping is possible is that switch #4 on the far side of the room, can be connected to some RF/wireless unit which can communicate to what would become a double switch on the near side of the room, with 1 of those being connected to an RF/wireless unit.

Is that even remotely possible?

Thanks

It is currently Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:01 am