Wiring an inline shower fan to a 3 pin plug?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
legrambo
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring an inline shower fan to a 3 pin plug?

by legrambo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:42 am

Hello,

I have a 4" inline shower fan with ducting that I wish to use to supply fresh air to an enclosed hydroponics room.

The fan I have has two wires from the motor to a terminal on a small circuit board - live and nuetral. At the other end of the board are three connection terminals:[i]Nuetral, Permanet live and switched live[/i]. Is there any way that I can [color=red][i]simply wire this fan to a plug so I can use it with a timer[/i][/color] as I only require it to operate at regular intervals for a short time?

It has been suggested that connecting the switched live to the permamnet live will do it, is this correct? Otherwise can I simply connect live and nuetral wires and bypass the curcuit board which I assume is something to do with the 'switching' ?

Any help greatly appreciated.Simple terms please as I'm a novice when it comes to electrics!

Thank you.

LG.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi LG, hydraponics..Ho Ho!sorry!
yes either will do it, the sw. live is to trigger fan when lt turned on in bathroom & when light turned off the pcb timer uses the perm. L. to keep fan on for a while, best way is to use both lives together & neutral, fused at 3A max.
regards, SPARX

legrambo
Labourer
Labourer

by legrambo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:38 pm

[quote="sparx"]Hi LG, hydraponics..Ho Ho!sorry!
yes either will do it, the sw. live is to trigger fan when lt turned on in bathroom & when light turned off the pcb timer uses the perm. L. to keep fan on for a while, best way is to use both lives together & neutral, fused at 3A max.
regards, SPARX[/quote]

Thnks sparx....I have been trying to get an answer to this on several...erm, 'indoor cultivation' sites, and it was a guy from the States who said it would work fine with the sw live connected with the p live, but he suggested I just double check with someone here in the uk.

Appreciate your time :-)

Lee.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 pm