Wiring for a shaver socket
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lawrence
Ganger
Ganger

by Lawrence » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:19 pm

I am replacing a shaver socket in a bathroom and having taking the cover plate off there are two cables wired in. Presumably this means the shaver socket has a loop in and out on the lighting radial circuit.

Is there any good reason for this to be done rather than simply taking a 'spur' off the radial circuit?

thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Does your bathroom cabinet (presumably adjacent for the mirror) have a light? That could be where the other cable goes to / is coming from.

Don't forget bathrooms are "special locations" according to Part P so ANY leccy work in there must be be by a Part P qualified sparks. Of course you may be in which case I apologise but others reading this thread might not be and think it's OK.

Cheers

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi ,
unusual but it does mean one less cable in the light fitting as it's effectively in the loop between fittings, any body any other thoughts
regards SPARX

Lawrence
Ganger
Ganger

by Lawrence » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:02 am

thanks for the replies. I figure it probably is as sparx says.... too many wires in the light fitting

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:08 am