wiring problems
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clemo2k1
Labourer
Labourer

wiring problems

by clemo2k1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:08 pm

hi all in my living room i have a wall light and a cieling light running off a a 2 gang 2 way switch there is 2 wires each has a red and black wire also there is a small piece of wire that bridged 2 terminals together the problem is i took the wires out and didnt make a nte of what goes where no i can get the light to work in all sorts of different combinations appart from what they are supposed to do. any help on this is greatly appreciated

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Need bottom of this page Google "ericpalmer.fsnet.co.uk/Lighting.html" it shows how old wiring when we got away without using three core and earth.
It is shown to demonstrate the dangers as on stair ways it can lead to borrowed neutrals and EMC problems because the power can go in a large inductive loop and effect hearing aides hi-fi etc.
Very bottom also shows both methods for two way wiring.
Bridge will be in permanent line but which wire that is I don't know. And also at least one end of link will go into L1 or L2 (You can swap L1 and L2 will make very little difference [switch works up instead of down] only com needs to be correct.)
If you don't need two way I would do away with it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:15 pm