Wiring Triplexed Screened Outlet TV, SAT1/SAT2, FM/DAB....
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wiring Triplexed Screened Outlet TV, SAT1/SAT2, FM/DAB....

Post by worm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:22 pm

I have a Labgear Screened Socket Quadruplexed + Return (Triplexed Screened Outlet TV, SAT1/SAT2, FM/DAB with return & Telephone)

see link:

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=20263 ... 071&m=1228

I getting SKY+ and want to know if anyone knows how to wire one of the above?

Looking at the back, it has one connection for the phone line, and 2 other 'openings' I can only assume are for the coax/sat cable!

Does this mean I only need to run two feeds: one for signal and one for return? Or more?

Anyone who knows what there talking about or has fitted one of these befoe who can help would be great as UTD are on this wk end! ha

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 am

I had one of the loft units my son gave me. I found I needed the one by the TV as well and it seemed both SAT and STD aerials feed into loft unit and were combined this then was fed to TV area and was split the outputs from the Sky and TV were feed back into wall socket and back into loft where they were amplified and fed to all rooms. But we removed it and used std booster and a quad LMB and free to air sky box in bed room as we found our sky box could not be returned. Latter ones can. The problem is the output from video, Sky, etc must be on different channel to the 6 multi-plexes and the old TV even if you don't use them. So you need to find out what channels are in use first then tune to unused ones. So 21 to 68 gives 47 but in my house 30 of them in use leaving 17 which is plenty but trial and error not really good enough if you have freeview you may be able to see what channels are used with both but I did not have freeview and had to find listing on internet first. I now have a Maximum RF3000 Universal Video Modulator so I can send sky to all rooms but gave up with special box and just use std booster splitter.

worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by worm » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am

Cheers, I think I understand what your saying.

I have a Triax loftbox from 'satcure' which has 8 outlets. I have wired in all rooms coax etc, all running back to this loftbox, that is also linked to the sat dish and aerial.

I have a sony KDL40S2030 LCD tv only a year old so should be ok!

I am having sky+ in my lounge, this is where the triplexed socket is going as shown in the 'link' on my initial post. I need to know how to wire this socket/facia in? Currently I have 2 sat cables running to this in my lounge from the loft, I'm assuming i'll also need to have a phone line to it for sky! right?

So is two runs of sat cableing enough? Or will i need more/less?

I need to get it right before the plasterer comes in!

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't know your box so can't say if two are enough. I don't have Sky+ just standard Sky and its been in that long and never had telephone plugged in for years. It allows you to use some extra functions and needed for first set up but I put extension phone lead by TV while sky man fitted it then 3 days latter unplugged and rolled it up. At the time phone calls cost more but very rare it ever asks for it. Not sure with Sky+ maybe it needs it more but your phone bill I want to know if something is phoning out.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:03 pm