Wiring up an Energenie Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dazp936
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring up an Energenie Light Switch

by dazp936 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi - i have recently purchased an energenie lightswitch and was about to swap it for the existing light switch when i encountered a problem. The switch i removed had wires going into the L1 and L2 connection; the energenie light switch has only L, L1 and slave. Checking the instructions for the new switch it is not clear whether the live goes into L1 or L and it also suggests the neutral is not required... but surely it has to go somewhere...

any help gratefully received.

Daz

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wiring up an Energenie Light Switch

by Mr White » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:43 pm

A normal light switch has no neutral, just live and switched live.
As for which terminal the live goes into, its not the slave terminal, so take your pick from the other two, sadly I was unable to find any thing specific about them other than you will need a 35mm deep back box. (Which most switches don't have)

9/12 22.43

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wiring up an Energenie Light Switch

by ericmark » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Forget slave it is not used.
It does not matter which way around the two wires go L and L1 you simple connect your old L1 and L2 to L and L1.

It seems different manufacturers use different labels, the common is some times called com, some times L and some times L1, I will guess same moulding is used for many items.

Mine works well with a 10W LED bulb, it has three remote controls plus the hub paired to it, with the PC does not say if on or off, but does with the phone.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:39 am