'Wood' Flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cash-matters
Apprentice
Apprentice

'Wood' Flooring

Post by cash-matters » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi. Sorry if this is too general. Looking for kitchen flooring. Would like an 'oak' looking floor. The floor will go onto an old farm house floor which has not had a DPC layed under it. The floor has no significant damp issues but its still something I have to consider.
I would like to have some kind of insulation and some kind of damp proofing.
Thinking of adding some synthaproof, then battoning (insulation inbetween the battons) and then laying some engineered oak or real oak flooring onto the battons. Another option is to lay some of this fancy laminated 'print' onto the floor. (floor is currently a mix between flag stones and tile - both are in very good nick and relatively flat)
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

floors1
Labourer
Labourer

wood floor

Post by floors1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 pm

I have wood floor in my kitchen its Tuscan Hand Distressed Oak bought from floorsonline. It looks lovely with my new beige furniture.

themicky
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Flooring

Post by themicky » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Vinyl kitchen flooring is the one I must prefer because it is a highly durable material, cheapest type for your floor, cleaning is quite easy and looks great because of its variety of colors and patterns. All in all, using vinyl flooring as the flooring of choice for a modern home is the way to go nowadays. Not only you will have a great looking flooring, but you’ll also be able to save lots of money in the process.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:00 am