Wood Stain
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevinatmaytree
Labourer
Labourer

Wood Stain

by kevinatmaytree » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

I am renovating a 175 year old cottage which has some original features and others 'not so old'. The lounge has a boxed in ceiling RSJ to look like an old beam with smaller decorative softwood beams to look like an old beamed ceiling. All of the wood is rough sawn and was stained almost black; making the room look dark. I have chemically removed as much of the stain as possible [a slow and long task!!] and wish to get a rich golden-yellow oak colour. I would best descibe the current colour as 'lightly stained'. Any ideas of what sort of stain colour I should try? Or should I be looking at a coloured oil? Whatever I choose will have to be brushed on due to the rough sawn finish.

woodrich
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Wood Stain

by woodrich » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Timber oil wood stain will work best.This stain is extremely easy to apply, whether you are a DIY homeowner or contractor. It is an ideal choice for staining new cedar or pressure treated pine decks, fences, wood siding, or log cabins.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:46 pm