woodburner in a conservatory???
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clove
Labourer
Labourer

woodburner in a conservatory???

by clove » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 pm

can you tell me if a woodburner can be used in a conservatory? unlike one of the guys on the forum my roof is glass not polycarbonate. If so how do you go about siting the flue?? thanks.

twink
Labourer
Labourer

by twink » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:07 pm

hi I’m not expert in this field, but we have just contacted a company to buy the stove and gear, got the planning application underway and even have the guys on stand by to do the job - only to fall when we enquired with our architect about the plans he said that building regs would not allow an uncontrolled heat source in a conservatory :(
So now that's our plans by the wayside. The logistics of taking it through the house and a 3m chimney are scary.....
Sorry for the bad news

STE-M
Labourer
Labourer

by STE-M » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Guys

I was going to ask the same question but I then read this post. My original plan was to build an orengery on the back of the house. I have since been thinking about the idea of having a log burner so instead of having a glass roof my plan now would be to have a tile roof and have a log burner. So I am now looking at calling it a single storey extension.

Is it possible to have a single storey extension across the back of the house and have a log burner in it??

How would I stand with the chimney??
I am new to this idea so all infomation is welcome

thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:19 am