woodchip wallpaper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saunderstrish
Labourer
Labourer

woodchip wallpaper

by saunderstrish » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 pm

i would like to know if its possible to cover woodchip wallpaper with heavy duty lining paper? rather than stripping the damn stuff please can some one tell me!

clarke2
Labourer
Labourer

by clarke2 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am

Hi, I tried covering some woodchip wallpaper with lining paper & although it is less obvious you can still see the woodchip through the lining paper.

I steamed 3 of my walls & was able to remove the woodchip although it was a long job it looks much better. Unfortuantely the 4th wall is a partition made of chipboard so when I started steaming this the chipboard was peeling away too, hence why I had to line the walls.

So if anyone knows the best way to cover woodchip wallpaper on a chipboard wall I'd be grateful to find out some tips!

saunderstrish
Labourer
Labourer

Re: woodchip wallpaper

by saunderstrish » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:14 pm

[quote="saunderstrish"]i would like to know if its possible to cover woodchip wallpaper with heavy duty lining paper? rather than stripping the damn stuff please can some one tell me![/quote]
thanks for the help! i decided to go with the stripping of the stuff and got on not to badly!!! surprisingly!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm