Woodlice Infestation in Wooden Conservatory
Questions answered and a range of solutions on problems and issues encountered with timber framed buildings

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
nick.wright321
Labourer
Labourer

Woodlice Infestation in Wooden Conservatory

Post by nick.wright321 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi, I have an old wooden conservatory which is being eaten by woodlice. I can tell this, because there are piles of wood dust appearing in the corners along with big holes in the wood. I don't want to poison them, I just want to prevent them. The base of the conservatory is a concrete ledge, probably 4 inches wide holding an overlapping wooden base about 6 inches wide. I haven't explained that very well, but around the outside, we have a wooden base about 1.5 inches above a concrete base and recessed underneath the wooden base is the concrete ledge (picture attached).

So, I need to stop the little buggers getting in. I reckon a bit of mortar to fill the gap so that it's flush with the wood, then get some kind of silicon filler or paint to seal the whole lot. Is that a good idea, or does anyone have a better one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 am