Worcester 24cbi lockout problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sutters
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 24cbi lockout problem

Post by sutters » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:36 pm

We recently had a lockout on the boiler and CORGI guy fitted new PCB. (£200) Boiler worked again but was turning on and off too much. He recommended a powerflush as he said the circulation could be poor causing the lockouts. This we had done at great expense. Rads now heat up quickly but still getting occasional lockout. Boiler will reset ok and run for a day or two and lockout again.... I think it's a boiler fault rather than circulation. Could it be gas pressure or thermostat?
Ta

sutters
Labourer
Labourer

Post by sutters » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Update...problem got worse so eventually called out Worcester Bosch as I was convinced it was a boiler problem. They immediately diagnosed as a dying heat exchanger. For a fixed price of £210 they replaced the heat exchanger, burner and PCB and now all seems to be OK. I wish I'd called them in the first place, it would have saved a few quid. The callout & repair is fixed at £210 unless you need a complete replacement so we got good value out of it. If it had been a 10p fuse it would still have been the same though! Lesson learned for us....don't always rule out contacting the manufacturer, they aren't always the most costly option as we found out. Well done W/B.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Could be many things, you need an RGI to give the boiler a once over, boiler serviced annually ?

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1