Worcester 24i No hot water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vivo
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 24i No hot water

by vivo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:51 pm

We have no hot water on a worcester bosch 24i. The water pressure is next to nothing on the DHW but fine on the Cold feed. The flow switch has been changed but that made no difference, (worked last time) I friend suggested that it could be the diverter but i'm sure this model does not have one? CH is working fine. Could there be a possible air lock in the system, although once again as this is a mains fed boiler, therefore I would think there is no way you can run a hose to push it through.

Any suggestions would be a great help other than the ones that call me a plonker!

thanks

Vivo :oops:

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 am

Think you will find it DOES have a dive valve & I would start there

vivo
Labourer
Labourer

by vivo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm

[quote="Steve the gas"]Think you will find it DOES have a dive valve & I would start there[/quote]

Hi Steve. I searched for the diverter but no luck so I managed to download a parts document for the 24i and there was nothing there either. So I took out the restrictor in the flow switch and that did the trick. It must have been bunged up with something. Really appreciate your response though. Thanks Steve

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 pm

I don't think the 24i does have a diverter it's just a flow switch the water is heated by directly passing through the main heat-exchanger.

htg

vivo
Labourer
Labourer

by vivo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]I don't think the 24i does have a diverter it's just a flow switch the water is heated by directly passing through the main heat-exchanger.

htg[/quote]

That appeared to be the case with this model.....just a flow switch. It has been a good boiler actually, well thats since we a=have been here, 5 years. Think it has some more years left and when it pops off to the boiler grave yard in the sky, I would consider worcester bosch again. Mind you I hear good things about the valiant too. Well thats for another day

A warm thanks to you both for your suggestions. Nice to know there are still people who consider helping other folk.

Cheers
Vivo

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1