WORCESTER 24I RSF COMBI LEAKING
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
toerab
Labourer
Labourer

WORCESTER 24I RSF COMBI LEAKING

by toerab » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm

worcester 24i boiler leaking dripping from inside.Looking from the front inside left hand side, A Tee shaped joint, bottom joins onto large pipe going out, the left side boes onto a red knob type control with 3 bar on the front of it and the right side is a pipe that goes to the other side of the boiler then goes up. The drip is between tee piece down onto the pipe that goes out. What is this part can i fix it or what. Can anybody help thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 pm

It sounds like the flow/return manifold - would normally only be a 22mm compression connector/isolation valve - it may be leaking from the valve itself - but without seeing it - and the description you've given it's obviously only a guess.

htg

keeeno
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking 24i RSF combi boiler

by keeeno » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 pm

I have the same problem.
After checking the Worcester equipment diagrams for the appropriate part, it appears that my boiler plumbing is not quite the same as the diagrams of the same boiler online.
The water is leaking from the central heating flow pipe (well before the 22mm housing compression fitting)between the central heating outflow, the pressure relief valve and the central heating pump. It appears that a retaining spring has coroded and lost the ability to mate the 2 pipes together. If i knew how to put a picture on here i would show it instantly!

NeilMar
Apprentice
Apprentice

by NeilMar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 am

From what I can make out, sounds like your Pressure Release Valves not being tightend up propelly on the nut that secures the blow off pipe (copper pipe to outside) and the valve is passing. The pipe that goes out the wall, this will come from the bottom of the pressure release valve (Red cap 3 - bar) and be secured by a nut. Go outside check and see if the copper pipe is dripping. If it is, you have a either a PRV and/or Expansion fault, filling loop left open/passing or you have put too much pressure in it. The pressure on that system should be 1bar when cold. Disconnect the filling loop/key to make sure its not passing and filling the system. When ran it should rise no more that 2/3 of a bar. If its rising around to 3 bar the PRV will begin to pass and the copper pipe will drip. If it goes right round it will blow off allot of water. If it does that you know your expansion is at fault. If the pressure only raises as it should and the pipe is dripping out side you need a new PRV. Once a old PRV has been disturbed it doesnt like to seal again and usually drips.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1