Worcester 35CDi Problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ashgolf
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 35CDi Problem

Post by ashgolf » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi Guys

New poster here and I really need your help!

We have just moved house and have spent every penny we own, so imagine my delight when we get a boiler problem 4 weeks in!

This is an intermittent problem, but seems to be getting more frequent. Radiators are fine, but every now and again I lose the hot water. Either there are two lights flashing and pressing the red button reignites the boiler, or there are no lights, and pressing the panel firmly between the two dials to control the hot water/radiator temperature causes the hot water demand light to come on and then the boiler to reignite!! Believe me, it took a while to figure out where on the panel to press, but it works every time!!! This occurs between once a day and every time you turn the tap.

I am guessing I have some kind of electrical problem, but I have had the front panel off and there are no obvious loose connections.

Can you help or do any of you live near Edenbridge!!!!!?????

plumbers1
Tradesman
Tradesman

Worcester-Bosch boiler problem

Post by plumbers1 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi
I fit Worcester-Bosch boilers and am a qualified heating engineer/plumber. Sorry to say sounds like PCB problem which can be pricey!!!!!! :(

plumbers1
Tradesman
Tradesman

Your Boiler

Post by plumbers1 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:47 pm

:( Looks like PCB problem.

ashgolf
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ashgolf » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:22 am

Dare I ask you to expand on 'expensive'?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:44 pm

Looking at around £220 + Vat for new pcb, are you sure its not just a loose connection ?

ashgolf
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ashgolf » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:09 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]Looking at around £220 + Vat for new pcb, are you sure its not just a loose connection ?[/quote]

No I'm not! What concerns me before I start shelling out hundreds is that I quite often have no hot water and no lights at all on the display. I cure it by pressing firmly with one finger on the panel between the two heat control dials, which causes the hot water demand light to come on followed by the flame ignition and all systems go! Sounds like loose wire, but can't see anything on inspection. Any ideas?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:47 pm

How old is the boiler ? Turn off electrical supply and remove cover, check all connections on board, maybe remove all connections and then replace, incase its just a loose contact

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1