Worcester Bosch Junior 28i no hot water/ch no spark etc
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jtaytay
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester Bosch Junior 28i no hot water/ch no spark etc

by jtaytay » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Thought I'd try on here to see if anyone can help with a non working WB Junior 28i. For some time, there was an issue when the hot water for the shower etc would run cold (not linked to flush toilet) and reluctantly come back hot again. This went on for weeks/couple of months. Now, it won't work.

There's no hot water or central heating. The red fascia light flashes once a second. When I attempt to reset, it goes off for a few seconds before coming back on. The boiler won't spark or show any other activity when trying the hot water. With CH, we're not sure but think the pump may come on, though nothing else seems to work. It's ok for water supply, boiler pressure, electricity. I know the expansion tank has failed but have kept it working by pumping air in occasionally and letting a radiator with some air in it act as a stand in expansion tank. So, I haven't had the outlet valve release water and the pressure hasn't been shooting up high in operation as can happen with a failed expansion tank.

With help of a friend, we've worked through WB fault finder for common problems. The PCB has been replaced - made no difference. There's no sign of a flame, no spark. My friend did some continuity tests of the ignition cable and cleaned the electrodes - no difference. He's tested sensors (continuity test?), cleaned the burner and inside of soot - no difference.

I'd be grateful if someone who knows about this boiler could help. We're wondering if the gas valve is the problem, but if other things might be the cause and could be tackled, that would be better (and cheaper to sort). Finances are not great (redundancy ..) so I'm trying to get things up and running as cheaply as possible.

May try posting on other forums, so excuse that but not sure which place is best to ask the question and get guidance.

Thanks

jtaytay
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Worcester Bosch Junior 28i no hot water/ch no spark etc

by jtaytay » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Just to say, boiler now dealt with. No need for anyone to reply. Thanks

Shay223
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Worcester Bosch Junior 28i no hot water/ch no spark etc

by Shay223 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:01 pm

jtaytay wrote:Just to say, boiler now dealt with. No need for anyone to reply. Thanks

Mind sharing how you sorted it? Have the same issue. Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1