All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rustyrobb
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester heatslave 20/25 heating issues

by rustyrobb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi,

I have the above boiler and am having problems with the heating, hot water is also 'steady'.

The room stat and programmer are all calling for heat, the pump is running and the diverter is open but the boiler won't fire.

Hot water....is fine with the tap half open, full flow = cold and it sometimes causes the overheat to trip resulting in me going out to the boiler to reset it.

I have had a look inside and tested for power to the heating stat on boiler and have no live, tracing this back I get to an overheat stat(?) and another stat and have no lives at these either, I have also noticed some scorching above the neutral terminal on the room stat conn. block with no neutral connected. Another point is that the boiler hasn't been regularly serviced throughout it's life.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to which part is faulty please?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:46 pm

'Another point is that the boiler hasn't been regularly serviced throughout it's life'

Gt the boiler serviced ASAP- it's pointless fitting new parts to a boiler that you DO NOT know is safe to use, and may be condemned when serviced - especially if it hasn't been looked after/well maintained.

htg

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:38 am