worchester bosch room stat problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
angelpie
Apprentice
Apprentice

worchester bosch room stat problem

Post by angelpie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:56 pm

help....., my 4ys old 30cdi keeps losing its transmitter signal, the colon on the reciever flashes and i have to press the ok button to reset the signal. i have rang tech support and they weren't the helpfullest, man suggested to put fresh batterys in which i have done today, and then if not solve the problem to buy new roomstat..is this the case or should i try something else.. many thanks.............

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi, try moving it closer to boiler in case something is interfering with the signal.
Check for any new electronic devices between the boiler & 'stat eg PC, play station, cordless telephone base set etc.
The signal from 'stat is VERY low power and it doesn't take much to 'kill' it.
regards Sparx

angelpie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by angelpie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:10 pm

thanks for the speedy reply sparx........ i'm going to try that. if that fails is it fair to say that the room stat is faulty??
Thanks again angelpie

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi again,
before doing anything drastic if it is a worcester thermostat there is a forum i found by entering Bosch Worcester 30 CDi in google and found 13 bosch engineers on line for questions, might be worth a try.
Normally such things either work or not so assuming good new battery fitted and moving it closer makes no difference must assume faulty.
Not cheap to buy but very easy to DIY replace. receiver slots in with just a low voltage 4 pin plug on short ribbon cable.
regards Sparx

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1