So I live in a council house with an old fireplace and fire. A few years ago I asked the council for permission to remove it and they said I could as long as I got a corgi registered guy to do it obviously coz of the gas BUT the gas had already been capped off by the council themselves! Anyway I just left it at that. This week we decided we wanted it gone so we could re decorate our living room and coz we always trip over the slab coming from fire place. It’s a 1935 house. So due to the fact the council already capped the gas off and cut pipe, and said we could do it, we decided to remove it all and plaster but now I’m worried that there was asbestos in it all and we have put outselves at risk. Upon removing obviously it caused some damage and upon looking parts of the chimney breast was just filled with broken bricks and crumbling cement. What are the chances we’ve exposed us to asbestos. It’s on of those old council house gas fires. Couldn’t tell you what colour the fireplace was originally coz we painted them with tile paint as soon as we moved in it’s a tiled and cemented fireplace
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!