Wrong adhesive used!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Kyla130
Labourer
Labourer

Wrong adhesive used!

Post by Kyla130 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:42 am

I am currently having ceramic floor tiles laid throughout my downstairs by a friend. I bought a ready mixed tile adhesive and grout from Wickes which said in large writing "multipurpose". The kitchen and dining room are now finished and we just have the hall and lounge to go. I went to pick up some more adhesive and noticed that below the large writing it says it is for use with ceramic wall tiles! I now don't know what to do!

I'd say we were well past the stage of trying to get the tiles back up and re-laid and I am really worried that they will start to lift. Can you offer any advice on what I should do or how long it will be before the adhesive starts to break down - I am assuming it is not as strong as floor adhesive?

I have now bought some of the floor tile adhesive but if this is now used the colour won't be a perfect match to the wall tile adhesive (brilliant white) and the floor is/will be continuous throughout the house (i.e. no joiners in doorways). Should I just continue with the wall adhesive?

Please help!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:58 pm