DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Wrong connecter for shower hose and need to find a new one

Postby Adw1973 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi all. Apologies for the basic question (and probably wrong terminology). I’ve moved into a new house and had to replace the shower hose in the main bathroom because it was leaking badly. I attach a photo of the en-suite set up which is the same. Unfortunately the hose didn’t detach from the main shower fitting because it has fused with the threaded connecter which detached instead (see attached photo). I bought a new standard 1/2” threaded connecter (male x male) but it doesn’t connect cleanly and I’ve realised that the old one (which I can’t detach from the hose) has thinner thread on the side that connects to the main shower fitting. I can’t find a similar connecter to purchase online, but I don’t know what I should be looking for. Can anyone give me some ideas about where I could find the connecter I need. It may be simply knowing the right terminology. Thanks
8584A7EF-2032-4FD0-947C-62DA3FB3E18B.jpeg (32.85 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
A8F4C4E4-9437-45BF-9106-D98C6C9CDA5C.jpeg (15.38 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:47 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi adw1973,
Your chances of buying such a fitting are remote so you need to detach the adaptor from the hose nut. Find a friend with a decent vice.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5514
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics