Zones with a combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jackiefas
Labourer
Labourer

Zones with a combi boiler

by Jackiefas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:02 am

Hi
Before I changed to a combi boiler, I had seperate zones for upstairs and downstairs, which was lovely as I have a large house and could have either on independently of the other. When I changed however, the engineer said that zones don't work with combi's. I don't believe this is true. Could anyone help me on this one please. I am quite good at plumbing, I think I could do it myself if I just know how to. Thanks

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:49 pm

There should be no reason why if a zone worked pre combi, why it would not work post combi. However more info is needed to answer your question. Such as how did the zones work, what moved or switched to isolate one area from another?

coaster
Apprentice
Apprentice

by coaster » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:11 pm

zoning will not work with a combi and there are not port valves to zone with

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:16 pm

There are not zone valves in any boiler, these have to be added externaly to suit the hydraulics of the system. Coaster it's becoming increasingly evident you have not got a clue what you are talking about. Therefor please stop giving advice before you lead some one to do some thing dangerous.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1