Protect yourself and your home from unscrupulous tradespeople by agreeing terms before you begin.
Complete this form and we will email you our Template Desired Outcome Letter for Free:
Why Get a Desired Outcome Letter?
On occasions a contract is too much. If this is the case your tradesman will be working in your home with either no formal terms and conditions, of ones that they have prepared themselves. If they actually have their have any of course.
To many tradesmen the idea of having a set of Terms & Conditions will not have occurred to them, even if they are to protect them and their business. Those that do will understandably have given into the temptation to skew them heavily in their favour.
The solution is to get a simple letter in place which outlines the project and what is expected (and crucially, what is excluded.
Even if your contractor has T&C’s (a good sign!) then it is worth getting a letter in place for a number of reasons.
The Benefits of a Desired Outcome Letter
There are numerous benefits for agreeing and signing a Desired Outcome Letter.
- Clarify the work involved – In it important both parties agree what work is include and what is excluded
- Protect all Parties – If there is an issue, both parties need to know what happens
- Plan for the worst – whenever you plan for the worst it never happens; just the process makes sure you have both considered all aspect of your project
- Confirm your Responsibilities – This is your home it’s your responsibility to protect it
- Working Together – You have a responsibility to work with your contractor so he can focus on your job rather than chasing you for decisions, payments, or anything you promised
Guide for Getting the Best Tradesman & How you can Get the Best from Them
To help you understand the pressures that any successful tradesman is under, however good they are, we have created a guide.
The aim is to ensure you pick a good tradesman in the first place, and then work with him so he can focus on managing the job, rather than managing the customer!
He makes more money when he leave your house in good time having done a good job. It cost you more if he has to spend longer at your home. You both have the same goal – our comprehensive guide will help you achieve it.
The Desired Outcome Contract
If you think that a latter is not sufficient for your project, we have a free Contract template which you can download here.
There are a lot of incredibly capable and professional tradesman out there. With your help you can use their skills and craftsmanship to transform your home.