3 amp Fuse Protecting Potterton Controller Blown with BGMVSP-23 Spring Detached?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
jimboarchy
Labourer
Labourer

3 amp Fuse Protecting Potterton Controller Blown with BGMVSP-23 Spring Detached?

Post by jimboarchy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 pm

the 3 amp fuse protecting a new Potterton controller blew a couple of days ago. Changed the fuse, the controller seems to work.

Hot water and Central Heating stopped working. I noticed the BGMVSP-23 MV wasn't working. Took it to bits and found the spring on the far side (opposite side to the indicator) had come loose, the plastic mounting had broken off. Couldn't reattach the spring, so bought a Drayton MA1 Actuator from Screwfix. I manually checked the valve opened 45 degrees.

Connected the actuator wire for wire,pushed it on, everything seems to work. I switched the controller to CH the actuator moves to H, HW moves to W, Both to M. The black switch powered up and moved from the locked position.

The CH pump turns on when I turn the room thermostat. Can hear water moving around the radiators and into the hot water tank.

But the Glowworm Fuelsaver 7 does not turn on? I read somewhere that this boiler has an overheat reset switch. I found that, doesnt seem to do anything, no click, just feels loose when I push it.

I have checked every electrical connection. all seems good.

Would appreciate any help?

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1